1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

conditioning new battery

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by chippy30, May 20, 2011.

1. chippy30

chippy30 Member

got a new replacement desire hd 2day from htc,with new battery, whats the best way to charge it first time and then the next few times to get the most from it,

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. WigglesGRN

WigglesGRN Member

TBH new bats dont need conditioning

3. widehead

widehead Android Enthusiast

Plug it in. Charge fully. You're good to go.

4. PirateCandy

PirateCandy Lurker

Is there a common life for these sort of batteries?

I've not had a phone like this before so I'm new to the technology. I've also charged it for the recommended amount and all that other jazz. I've turned a bunch of the options off so I can choose what it updates and runs but I'd like to know if these babies have a set amount of life?

I understand it depends on how much you use it and how often you charge it, or does that not even apply anymore?

Any response would be good. :)

5. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate!
    VIP Member

Basically, Lithium Ion batteries generally have a shelf life of 500 full charge and discharge cycles (on average) so given sensible use, it should last a year and a half before it starts to perform really poorly. It's also worth noting, they will gradually lose capacity over time anyway regardless of how they are charged.

Full discharges aren't recommended, but they're not really damaging in any sense. I tend to charge mine (if I can) when it gets to around 40%, but I never wait till it won't switch on. Also, whilst the phone reports charging is completed, it won't be, so leave it on for an hour or so after it's claimed to have a full charge.

Li Ion batteries also don't have a memory so little top ups here and there won't do it any harm at all.

Finally, it's not dangerous, but again recommended to switch off/not use whilst charging as leaving on can sometimes "confuse" the charging chip in the battery.

If you want more info, check the link below -

How to Prolong Lithium-based Batteries – Battery University

PirateCandy likes this.

HTC Desire HD Forum

The HTC Desire HD release date was October 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 768GB RAM, Snapdragon S2 processor, and 1230mAh battery.

October 2010
Release Date
Reviews