• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Conditioning the battery

mikeydingo

Feb 11, 2010
Correct me if i am wrong but i heard to condition the battery you first take it out of the box put it on charge right away. Then when the phone turns green you leave it for another hour. Then you use your phone until it is 0%. And you just repeat the process 2 times. Is this correct?

Do NOT drain the battery on purpose, it serves no use but to shorten the lifespan of the battery. Please check the thread on here about batteries, it was posted by a battery hobbist and contains alot of good info. Bascially just charge it up and use it how you normally would, don't drain it on purpose and keep it topped off as you normally would. Doing anything else is detrimental to the life of the battery and will not make it perform any better, period.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones