1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Conference call question

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by s_wall98, Jan 16, 2014.

1. s_wall98

s_wall98 Newbie
    None

Mar 31, 2010
    Hey guys, I'm about to drop my HTC Rezound and trying to decide on the HTC One, S4 or G2. Besides the reports of the phone being fragile and Verizon screwing with the buttons I'm leaning G2 but had a quick question.
    I have to do quite a bit of conference calling for work and need help with the following scenario.
    I call person A then place them on hold and add person B. When person B picks up I merge the calls. Is there any way to end the call with person A and keep person B on the line?

I know with my rezound I cannot, the only way to hang up on person A is to end both calls.
    Thanks guys.

Advertisement

2. copestag

copestag Android Expert
    None

May 23, 2010
    I havent used the phone to make a 3 way call so I would just be guessing

but as I understand it .... it works like this:

call A on the line.... press 'add call' and dial a second number

now you have 2 lines going simultaneously but seperate.... you can press the 'swap' button to switch between A and B.... or you can press the 'merge' button to make it a conference call

this is the point where trial and error will have to teach you......... once they are 'merged' is there a "split" button of some type to seperate them back to seperate lines......... if theres no way to split them then the only way to hang up on A is to also hang up on B

if you can split them then you can toggle to A and end that call...... then it should automatically toggle you to B

so the key here is can you split them once theyre merged....... youll have to try one and find out

3. stef7

stef7 Android Expert
    None

Dec 29, 2010
    Male
    Systems Engineer
    You ask/tell party A to hang up? :D

4. s_wall98

s_wall98 Newbie
    None

Mar 31, 2010
    Thanks guys.
    Person A is sometimes automated which is what causes the problem...can't tell them to hang up.
    Like I said my Rezound well only let me hang up on person 2. I thought all phones might be like this but I've seen a couple people complaining about it with that phone.
    Who knows, maybe I'll catch a sales rep with a G2 and have them try it.

LG G2

The LG G2 has a 5.2-inch display with 1080p resolution. It also has a Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 processor, 2GB of RAM, a 13 megapixel camera, NFC, and more.
Tags: