1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Configure Google Authenticator

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by bkelly13, Mar 1, 2020.

1. bkelly13

bkelly13 Lurker

I must install Google Authenticator for Coinbase. When I try to follow the instructions I get to places where it says press <this> and I cannot find <this> on my phone.

Specifically from here: https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/1066447?co=GENIE.Platform=Android&hl=en
    The instructions state:
    1. On your Android phone or tablet, open your device's Settings app [​IMG] Google [​IMG] Google Account.
    2. At the top, tap Security.
    I get to Google and there is no "Google Account"

I have some tremors in my hands. I can type on a keyboard but typing and selecting tiny things on the phone is really difficult and frustrating.

So: How can I set up Google Authenticator? A link to a good set of instructions will greatly appreciated.

When I try to do the install Google Authenticator it wants an account name and key. I have a gmail account so I enter that account name. When trying to enter the password the app states: key value has illegal character.

That tells me there is something I don't understand here. Please try to clue me in here.

#1 bkelly13, Mar 1, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2020
  2. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

you can probably set it up using your computer:
    https://www.google.com/landing/2step/

as far as no google account. did you not sign in or set up a google acct when you first got your phone? and as far as your password you might have typed some character not used in google's password setup. are you sure you are typing the password correctly?

mikedt and MrJavi like this.
  3. mikedt

mikedt 你好

Does you phone have Google services on it, and is it logged into Google. It's not a China variant is it? Because to use Authenticator, the device it's running on must be logged into a Google account.

I use Authenticator for quite a few sites, including AF.

ocnbrze likes this.

LG Tribute Dynasty Forum

Features and specs are not yet known.

unknown
Release Date
Reviews