1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Tips Configuring HDMI output

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by OrangeJuice, Feb 13, 2014.

1. OrangeJuice

OrangeJuice Newbie
    None

Dec 19, 2013
    Is there any way to have control over this?

Most of the time, connecting my phone to my HDTV results in it being badly mirrored, stretching the screen to a 1080p resolution and refreshing at only 30fps. It also looks like it is lowering color to 16 bit or worse, but I'm not sure.

One exception is the Samsung Video app. It does not mirror the phone. On the handset itself, it just shows a broadcasting icon and the video controls; on the TV, the video itself is displayed beautifully and flawlessly with no interface on the screen.

So, I know it's possible for the phone to change HDMI output modes, but I'm wondering if there's any way (including an app) for me to directly control this, or whether I'm at the mercy of the "smartness" of whatever app I'm using at the time.

Advertisement

2. mischiefse7en

mischiefse7en Well-Known Member
    None

Aug 9, 2010
    i use mx player and when you are playing the video or whatever, if you hit the menu button, and display, you can change the zoom and aspect ratio. Some movies play as fit to screen, and some play like a bluray like they are supposed to

funkylogik likes this.
  3. funkylogik

funkylogik share the love peeps ;)
    None

Sep 15, 2011
    Male
    monkey
    Paisley, Scotland, Western Europe
    Yeah MX is cool. It doesnt work for me on kitkat though so i use BS Player instead which is almost identical :thumbup: