• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Configuring xScope Browser to get best tab browsing experiece?

xScope

Android Enthusiast
Nov 23, 2009
Developer of xScope browser here. I bought the tab. Absolutely loving it! I did notice a few things to make tab browsing more enjoy:

1. Under Look & Feel, check 'Show tabs'. No need to hide it because the tab has so much more screen estate. People who are saying the tab is just a large phone are absolutely wrong!

2. Make sure 'Control bar location' = bottom. It is just awkward to access any buttons on top of screen. Much easier on bottom.

3. User agent: You can set it to iPad. But I still like it to be android.

4. Here are the things should be changed under 'Event Handlings':
a. Active tab clik: = close tab​
a. URL box click: = new URL

Overall, the browser scales perfectly and beyond my expectation. Job well done at Samsung! I did find a few popular apps didn't scale well. But I can tell from a developer's perspective that they are largely due to poor implementation. The tab is a wonder device!

Reactions: raqball

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones