1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Configuring Zeemote

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by lotus49, May 30, 2011.

1. lotus49

lotus49 Android Expert
    None

May 9, 2011
    Male
    Yorkshire
    A few days ago I bought a Zeemote (have a look here if you don't know what it is Welcome to Zeemote) to use with n64oid.

Using BluezIME I was able to get the joystick working fine but none of the buttons is recognised. This is still a big improvement over using a virtual gamepad with no tactile feedback but I'd like to get the buttons working properly (particularly when I'm finally able to buy an MHL cable).

Has anyone else bought one of these? Did it work properly? What did you do to get the buttons working?

Advertisement

2. NZtechfreak

NZtechfreak Android Expert
    None

Apr 23, 2010
    Medical Doctor
    Auckland, New Zealand
    I've got a Zeemote, not yet used it with my SGSII, but it worked fine for my SGSI. Have you assigned keys to the buttons in Bluez IME, and also mapped the keys within the emulator? Oh, you need to select Bluez IME as the text input method also in order for it to work (in Settings --> language and keyboard, or long press any text entry field and select Bluez IME).

With Bluez IME my Phonejoy controller is working fine with the emulators, so should be fine with the Zeemote too.

lotus49 likes this.
  3. lotus49

lotus49 Android Expert
    None

May 9, 2011
    Male
    Yorkshire
    It was the mapping in n64oid that I hadn't done properly. I thought I had but on looking at it again, I hadn't.

Now it all works perfectly. The Zeemote is a little small for my tall person's hands but it is also very portable and works well considering it was only

4. NZtechfreak

None

Apr 23, 2010
    Medical Doctor
    Auckland, New Zealand
    Yep, the Zeemote isn't ideal but its price point and portability can't be beat!

5. Mr Brainz

Mr Brainz Lurker
    None

May 8, 2010
    I found I had to check a box in N64oid to say Use Special Input to get it working.

The problem I've been having with Zeemote and N64oid is that I can't get it to recognise the weighting on the analog movement. It's all, or nothing.

Does anyone know if there's a way to do this? You can't play Goldeneye at all with it because the aiming goes all over the place due to this problem.

6. lotus49

lotus49 Android Expert
    None

May 9, 2011
    Male
    Yorkshire
    I may be mistaken but isn't the "analogue" stick just a replacement for a D pad so it's not really an analogue stick (eg like on the PS3 controller) at all?

7. NZtechfreak

None

Apr 23, 2010
    Medical Doctor
    Auckland, New Zealand
    Yep, I believe it is just a glorified D-Pad...

8. Mr Brainz

Mr Brainz Lurker
    None

May 8, 2010
    Well unfortunately you're both tragically wrong...

Here's a screengrab from the official Zeemote "ZSpy" app from the marketplace, detecting the appropriate position on the X & Y axis...

[​IMG]

9. lotus49

lotus49 Android Expert
    None

May 9, 2011
    Male
    Yorkshire
    I don't understand why that is unfortunate. I thought you wanted it to work.

Nor do I understand what's tragic about it either.

Nevertheless, I'm pleased to see that the Zeemote is cooler than I thought it was.

10. subsist

subsist Member
    None

Jun 25, 2011
    This thread is kinda old now but does anyone know if there is a driver for the analog mode on the zeemote JS1? I know it can output in analog thanks to the zspy app but when using FPSE (ps1 emulator) there is no way to replace the onscreen analog pad with the zeemote's hardware analog. You have to map the directions on the zeemote to the dpad functions in the emulator.

Is this an issue with FPSE or android hardware in general?

I'm using bluezIME as my driver on my HTC desire but this topic seems specific to android rather than a specific device.