1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Confirmation of new SIM or not?!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by NativeTxn, Feb 19, 2011.

1. NativeTxn

NativeTxn Well-Known Member
    None

Feb 8, 2011
    I feel like the consensus has been that no new SIM card was required for the Inspire, and that the true "4G" speeds would be realized once they completed the backhauls and "flipped the switches".

However, there are claims in this thread (http://androidforums.com/htc-inspire-4g/280022-anyone-la-why-inspire-so-slow.html) that the SIM card does in fact make a difference to the speeds and that there is a specific SKU that should be installed.

Any definitive conclusions one way or the other?

Advertisement

2. Balkin

Balkin Newbie
    None

Apr 1, 2010
    Network Admin
    Sacramento, CA
    The only response I can give is that I am using the SIM card from my Nexus One and that SIM card came from my ATT Tilt and I get the same 3G speeds I was getting before. As for when 4G is enabled I have no idea.. I will take a wait and see approach to that question!!

3. murphy_31047

murphy_31047 Member
    None

Feb 10, 2011
    Got mine yesterday and att told me that the old sim from my iphone would work fine and they seemed uncertain on the need for a new sim when "4g" is available. I am not sure what the slow speed thing is. My data speeds, both on network and over wifi were over double that of the iterd 3gs.

4. NativeTxn

None

Feb 8, 2011
    On the one hand, the SIM from my iPhone 3GS works just fine for making the phone work/function.

However, direct from HTC's website (HTC Mobile Phone Support - HTC Inspire? 4G - Connectivity and Internet), it says:

"What can I do to ensure the best connection and speed?

Make sure the device is activated with the approved SIM (SKU 73057) and is on an approved Smartphone DataPlus or DataPro data plan designed to deliver HSPA+ with enhanced backhaul. NOTE: Available in limited areas. Learn more at att.com/network"

Obviously, I have no idea whether it would make any difference at all...

5. AndreaCristiano

None

Dec 12, 2010
    NJ
    I am curious and what annoys me is how ATT reps all say different while HTC says one thing

6. murphy_31047

murphy_31047 Member
    None

Feb 10, 2011
    :p
    Andrea I am pretty sure that when the time comes that anyone has 4G in their area, they will have to have a 4g sim card, just like when i upgraded to a 3g phone from a non 3g phone, it required a 3g sim card, but just like i told the att rep. I am not worried about 4g yet, I would just like to get 3g speeds, and yes, now with the inpsire I actually am.

7. NativeTxn

None

Feb 8, 2011
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by NativeTxn [​IMG]
    NOTE: Available only in areas you will never reside, travel through or come near.

:p
    ------------------------
    Nice. I live in Dallas, so hopefully it'll eventually work here.

It would seem more than a bit odd if the city that is home to the AT&T corporate headquarters didn't get any "4G" love - but then again, logic doesn't always seem to dictate what AT&T does!

8. AndreaCristiano

None

Dec 12, 2010
    NJ

K just got some serious news posted a new thread