• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root confirmed working root apps on the inc:

i already confirmed this. it does work for me. i crossed off a whole bunch of things in the "after startup" tab and they no longer start after a fresh boot. i'm on version 1.6.0 by the way.

Ah hah.. The autostart app that I tried after reading your post is at version 1.0.

Autostart by blank-online.eu

I install this app and it does nothing. I reboot my phone and see that the app is requesting root permission, but again seems to do nothing. The app does not show up in my list of apps. When I read the description of this app on the marketplace, it says that this app runs /data/opt/autostart.sh and goes on to say that this file must be created and populated.

I have a feeling that if I went ahead and created an autostart.sh, it would run when my phone boots. There are no checklists with this program.

Given that you are running version 1.6.0 of whatever you are running, you must be running some different app.

Edit: Mystery solved, just read everything in this thread very carefully. The app that Jasonb is using is called, "Autostarts", not "Autostart". No fault of his, he typed the s, I just didn't see it and judging by some of the posts in this thread, I'm not the only one. :)

Upvote 0
Ah hah.. The autostart app that I tried after reading your post is at version 1.0.

Autostart by blank-online.eu

I install this app and it does nothing. I reboot my phone and see that the app is requesting root permission, but again seems to do nothing. The app does not show up in my list of apps. When I read the description of this app on the marketplace, it says that this app runs /data/opt/autostart.sh and goes on to say that this file must be created and populated.

I have a feeling that if I went ahead and created an autostart.sh, it would run when my phone boots. There are no checklists with this program.

Given that you are running version 1.6.0 of whatever you are running, you must be running some different app.

Edit: Mystery solved, just read everything in this thread very carefully. The app that Jasonb is using is called, "Autostarts", not "Autostart". No fault of his, he typed the s, I just didn't see it and judging by some of the posts in this thread, I'm not the only one. :)

so it does work on your phone, right?

for me this app has been great. i was able to get everything i wanted to not start to actually not start other than Facebook. it always starts on boot anyway, but whatev. maybe another even is triggering it.

it has stopped People, Footprints, FM Radio, Bluetooth Share, Voice Dialer, Backup Assistant, My Uploads, Drocap2, and ColorNote from starting every time the phone boots. most of these i never use, but i'd rather not delete them because someday i might want to actually use them. but there is no point to them starting up if i don't normally use them.

so i like it!

Upvote 0
MinFreeManager and the like suck for phones with as much ram as we do anyway...

Anyway, yes it works, FWIW. I had the same behavior with my Moto Droid.

Note that if you set the settings and reboot, the settings are still there. Therefore, its applying them. Otherwise it would be reading the old settings and thats what you would see.

Upvote 0
Are there are bugs with using lampuu? For example, does the phone require a restart after initializing the program? Can it be used with the video camera at the sametime?

Lamppu works, but the Super light function doesn't. also, i turned it on & then tried to use the Camera (to get to the Camcorder), but it would never start. Lamppu crashes my Camera & i have to reboot my phone for the Camera to work again :(

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones