• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Confirmed working root apps

Yeah Im tempted to give maybe more credit to the autokiller but then again I did drop live wallpaper a few days ago as well. Not to mention 4-5 complete battery cycle drains. It pulled my phone off at 8am and its now 1am where I am so what 17 hours later and Im at 58%. That 42% includes probably an hour and a half of wifi [including some posts here at these forums], 30 minutes of internet just via the 3G, close to 80 texts today sent and received, almost 2 hours of Pandora played thru the speaker and 4 calls of 45 minutes total. Also whereas my display used to be always over 60% of my battery use its now under 40%. Im half tempted not to charge it tonight since its still over 50%. I never thought I would potentially get 2 days out of this.

Upvote 0
Is there any reason not to put autokiller on strict as opposed to optimum?

I had stability and GPS issues with the phone when on anything above "Optimum." Granted, it could be just my phone, or just what I have installed or uninstalled on it. I installed Dolphin HD browser, and I have google maps and google search installed, per the fix. But my phone certainly runs the most smoothly just on optimum. On Strict it actually locked up twice and restarted itself. Hasn't happened even once on optimum.

But again, that's just on my Fascinate. There are other factors that could be affecting this too. Mine is rooted with Launcher Pro, FYI.

Upvote 0
Is there any reason not to put autokiller on strict as opposed to optimum?
Yeah kinda like SirKronan said optimum really kinda is optimum. I actually started at moderate for the longest time. I went to optimum and there was no worse for wear. I do think you dont wanna have too much memory free of course since there is a distinct benefit to having apps and what not cached and ready to roll if called upon

Upvote 0
Yeah kinda like SirKronan said optimum really kinda is optimum. I actually started at moderate for the longest time. I went to optimum and there was no worse for wear. I do think you dont wanna have too much memory free of course since there is a distinct benefit to having apps and what not cached and ready to roll if called upon

Bah. With Froyo we'll get 512 RAM instead of a paltry 384. That, combined with AutoKiller will give us the ultimate of ultimate phones. :D

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones