• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Conflict between LauncherPro and WidgetLocker?

exwifeusesiphone

Jul 3, 2010
Today I rebooted my phone and LauncherPro got stuck starting, only displaying a window in the top left corner, like it couldn't finish rendering the preview screen, and it never starts on that anyway. I was totally stuck without access to the menu buttons but still had the notification for WidgetLocker, so I was able to get to that, unlock it, restart the Moto launcher, and disable WidgetLocker. Now that it's disabled, I seem to be able to make LauncherPro my home again, but it looks like I'll have to disable WidgetLocker, which I really liked.

Not sure what else could be causing the problem - probably something to do with WidgetLocker's home launcher sub-app.

The only time I had an issue with LauncherPro not starting up was when I first had it. I had the stock Motorola widgets on the phone then installed LP. I had to uninstall LP, erase all my widgets, then reinstall LP to get things running smoother. While this might not directly relate to Widget Locker, I haven't had Widget Locker cause any issues while also running LP. Well, except for the known Widget Locker bugs.

Upvote 0
i had an issue with beautiful widgets freezing due to widgetlocker/ launcherpro....hte clock would not update. once i uninstalled widgetlocker it has been working fine since

You sure that was not just due to some bugs that BW hit during some of the updates they did. I know the clock freezing was one they had when they were buzy doing the updates for the weather that has now been fixed.

Upvote 0
You sure that was not just due to some bugs that BW hit during some of the updates they did. I know the clock freezing was one they had when they were buzy doing the updates for the weather that has now been fixed.

The odd thing for me is my BW widget works fine on a normal homepage, but when I put it on my WL page, the clock doesn't refresh. The same thing happens with Fancy Widget's clock/weather. I'm just assuming this is another bug.

Upvote 0
Has any one noticed a difference in battery performance with widgetlocked/Launcherpro combo? I switched from Lockbot to Widgetlocker and my Dinc's awake time seemed to go through the roof. I wish it didnt I really like the way it worked.

I was running LP+ and Widgetlocker, with Fancy widget, Battery Left, and MixZing widgets on the lockscreen. My battery performance went down the crapper in 2.1 and 2.2. I removed widget locker, Battery Left, now my battery performance is back to what it was before. Not sure what it is about the combo I had that drained the battery like crazy.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones