1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Conflicting Bluetooth Indications

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by The_Chief, Oct 5, 2017.

1. The_Chief

The_Chief Accept no imitations!
    Moderator Thread Starter

Nov 17, 2009
    Male
    I'm retired: every day's a Monday :P
    Manchester, TN
    Well, this is interesting...

Looks like my Note 8 has a problem deciding if my Bluetooth devices are connected or not.

For example: I've attached photos of my experience yesterday. I started my SUV and it connected right to my phone. The vehicle's screen shows it's connected.
    The phone's screen shows it's connected. But when I pull down the notification shade - not connected!

But it worked, and I made phone calls on it... until I disconnected the phone from the vehicle. Then it would not connect again. I couldn't get the phone to connect to the vehicle! The only way I could connect it was to stop the vehicle and start it again.

Anyone else experiencing this issue before I call Samsung?

Attached Files:

Advertisement

WeeWilly and marctronixx like this.
  2. marctronixx

Oct 12, 2009
    34.0522° N, 118.2437° W
    Not me chief. I have the note 8 connected in the ride and to some BT speakers (JBL Xplode) and it connects with no issues.

I even have 2 other android phones in the phone list on my suv and the car remembers the last device connected, and 99.7% its the note 8, so seems the under the hood things are working , otherwise if my car didnt see the phone, it would go to the next last paired device in its list.

Now i dont look at the BT screen when im in the vehicle so i dont know what it “shows”, but its not ever NOT connected...

Sounds like this is the first time this has happened yeah? Maybe a glitch or “one off” occurrence?

WeeWilly likes this.
  3. lunatic59

lunatic59 Moderati ergo sum

Jun 12, 2010
    Male
    IT
    Pennsylvania
    I've seen something similar to this with a couple of different phones, with both my Wife's car and mine. Now, I don't have an S8 but both cars are 2011 Mitsubishi's with the same version of Bluetooth/hands free. She's got an S7 and I have the LG G6 so the phones are current. I just figured it was the vehicles since they both do the same thing. And you are correct that a vehicle restart is required to remedy this.

You might want to check with your dealer to see if there is an update for your SUV.

marctronixx and WeeWilly like this.
  4. Unforgiven

Unforgiven OK Google

Jun 23, 2010
    Male
    Douglas, MA
    I wonder if it is connected for Phone calls, but not Media. If so, if may be reporting correctly.

marctronixx likes this.

Samsung Galaxy Note 8

Welcome to the Galaxy Note 8 Forum where you'll find help, tips, tricks, accessories, reviews, and more for Samsung's S-Pen enabled smartphone. With a 6.3-inch screen, 6GB RAM, 8MP/12MP front & back cameras and a whole lot more- the Galaxy Note 8 is an absolute BEAST!