1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Conflicting security/optimization apps?

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by lilnono93, Jan 20, 2013.

1. lilnono93

lilnono93 Newbie
    None

Nov 29, 2012
    In PC land, I know that having too many security or utility programs can cause problems. Like having two or more antivirus, anti-malware, registry or system cleaning programs that don't play well with each other and actually cause problems in areas they are supposed to help....

I'm wondering if there are any of these conflicts we should be aware of on Android. I've heard more and more about how smartphones are becoming targets for malicious bugs and I've seen more and more of these apps, like the Lookout and iObit apps on top of the many RAM cleaner and optimizer apps. If I use the iObit Advanced System care app on top of Task Killer on top of the stock OS Task Manager...could I be 'confusing' the phone and actually creating errors or problems?

Advertisement

2. sdrawkcab25

sdrawkcab25 Android Expert
    None

Aug 5, 2010
    Male
    PA
    You really don't need any of those apps...the task killer is definitely not necessary:

Many similar articles like this:

HTG Explains: Why You Shouldn’t Use a Task Killer On Android - How-To Geek

"Lookout" is good if you lose your phone, but the antivirus is pretty much pointless as long as you stick to tried and trusted apps in the play store. Real time scanners/antivirus are best at draining your battery and causing lag. :)

Crashdamage and lilnono93 like this.