1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Confuse check this out

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by pancho32392, Aug 11, 2012.

1. pancho32392

pancho32392 Android Enthusiast

On the HTC site its said it have 4gb internal storage on the HTC evo v 4g but my phone only have 1gb? I have the one the with sprint logo on the top right corner do I have a defected phone or what

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. pancho32392

Attached Files:

3. pancho32392

Attached Files:

4. coco3133

coco3133 Android Enthusiast

No they made mistake, the Evo V has 1 GB

But there are Evo 3Ds that do have 1,2, and 4 GB I believe

5. agentc13

agentc13 Daleks Über Alles

That also includes the storage for the OS, not just the app storage. So it's is 4GB but you really have 1 available.

Rxpert83 likes this.
  6. koopakid08

koopakid08 Android Expert

There is 4GB of storage but only 1 is free for installing apps, the rest is taken by android, sense, system apps, cache and dalvik cache etc

Rxpert83 and kagevazquez like this.
  7. KyngTech

KyngTech Member

It has 4GB of space. But we are only available to 1, the other 3 are for HTC updates and things like that. So we only have 1 unoccupied gigaByte while the other 3 are reserved for special (HTC) use

8. phw8558

phw8558 Android Expert

I recall reading on a forum (perhaps devils toast) that because the sense ui is gone for aosp there is more space that could be potentially accessed. Someone was going to look into it, not sure what the outcome was. .

9. koopakid08

koopakid08 Android Expert

You would have to redo partitions, change permissions etc. It would break the ability to flash other roms. It's really not worth it when you can just pop in a bigger sd card.

You really don't want to screw with the partitions, very easy way to brick your phone.