1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Confused about contacts/messaging/apps

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by MarcuzXD, Feb 14, 2011.

1. MarcuzXD

MarcuzXD Lurker
    None

Feb 14, 2011
    Welp, I just got this phone yesterday and I absolutely love it! It's really awesome. However I'm completely new to Android, this is my first Android phone. I'm having two problems and one concern.

The one that's confusing me and irritating me the most is this facebook contact thing. Like Facebook syncs my contacts and puts them on my phone, and their Facbeok picture will show up. I tried to get rid of this, but I have no idea how. I went into Facebook and selected "don't sync", and then I tried disabling Facebook for HTC Sense under sync in settings (don't even know what FB for Sense is, explain?). And only a few of my contacts show pictures and have information with Facebook. This all adds up though is the messaging. There are three people that have the Facebook picture in my messaging, and in their messages, there name will show up and then their number next to it. Example: Ashely Fintz (M 123456798). That's my problem with Facebook, it seems like it's doing this, but I don't know. That's really my problem here, is their number showing next to their name. I'm nitpicking, I know, but this only happens to certain contacts and it irritates me. I want it to look normal like everyone else's! Is there any way to fix this? If you don't know what I'm talking about, is there any way I'm able to take a picture of the screen on my phone and upload it? Would I simple fix be to import all my contacts from my SIM onto the phone? I mean I already have all my contacts, but really I have no idea. This is all so confusing to me. And it gives me the option to Link... I try getting the people with their numbers next to their name unlinked from facebook, and I try linking them to just Google (which I don't even know does lol) but it doesn't work.

My other problem is that I was at school and obviously I'm barley on my phone. I charged it fully last night, and I come home and it's already at 50%! I installed Advanced App Killer, and for some reason Asphalt, AT&T Navigator, and Navigation KEEP running in the background. I've killed them multiple times, but they just show up their in 2 minutes. I've tried force stopping them, but they keep running in the background. How do I fix this? Because I think these applications were running in the background all day and killed my battery.

Then my concern is the battery. I understand it's not a strong batter but it can't be this bad, can it? It seems like it won't be able to last a night with moderate use.

Thanks for any help, I'll really appreciate it!

Advertisement

2. AndreaCristiano

None

Dec 12, 2010
    NJ

No your battery can't be that bad. Something is up. The Facebook problem go into accounts and sync and make sure your not signed in to a Facebook. Also make sure power save is on in the power settings

3. MarcuzXD

MarcuzXD Lurker
    None

Feb 14, 2011
    I promise you the battery lost that much juice. :p I wake up at 7, the phone was charging all night. Throughout school I probably sent like 15 texts, that's it. Barley touched it. When I headed home it was at 50% :(

Also, Facebook is always signed in. I check my Facebook a lot, isn't there a bypass?

4. Chew

Chew Android Enthusiast
    None

Jul 23, 2010
    South of Titletown
    Uninstall the task killer for one thing

Droid Den - Android Guide: Should I Use a Task Killer - Droid Den