1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Confused about Kies Air

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by jester68, Dec 20, 2011.

1. jester68

jester68 Newbie

I finally got my phone connected to my home network today. I thought I'd try connecting to kies air because I'd read on here that you can use it to get software up dates etc. I also viewed a youtube tutorial and it seems to have a lot of other uses too. However, when, as told, I copied the IP address it gave me on the phone into my browser, nothing happened?? Is Kies really useful? Will I be missing out if I dont connect, I.E. will I miss out on phone updates etc. Also, finally, what could explain the failure to connect? Bit of a Kies dummy so please be gentle lol

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. lunatic59

lunatic59 Moderati ergo sum

If your phone doesn't connect, it could be that your router or firewall is blocking the port. (The number after the colon)

3. jester68

jester68 Newbie

Thanks. Any idea how I might resolve that?

4. lunatic59

lunatic59 Moderati ergo sum

If it's your router, you'll have to log in to administration and open the port. On your PC you set up a firewall rule, but it would depend on the version of Windows.

Samsung Galaxy S2 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S2 release date was April 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4210 Dual processor, and 1650mAh battery.

April 2011
Release Date
Reviews