• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Confused about root access

Sometimes off-brand devices come already rooted.

To test, see whether some task which requires root is possible, i.e. using ES File Explorer to browse /system, or even starting a terminal emulator app and typing "su" (to give superuser access - you can then type "exit" if it does work).

If you do have root, check whether you have a Superuser or SuperSU app installed. If not I'd be tempted to install one to act as a gatekeeper (control which apps can use root privileges).

Reactions: funkylogik
Upvote 0
SirDarknight, you can make your images display by wrapping their full URLs in the
tag:

VMqymUO.png

BRY2dqV.jpg

Reactions: SirDarknight
Upvote 0
Have a look here: (International) Galaxy Note 3 - All Things Root - Android Forums
In particular the 'All Things Root Guide' sticky thread at the top. I'd be rooting that Note3 quick-Sharp if it was aout of warranty and running the latest CyanogenMod ROM for the device.

If you do Root it/install a CM ROM, please read CAREFULLY the guide, and ask if there's anything you're not completely clear on. We're here to help.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones