• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Confused over Galaxy Nexus and Which Version if any, Help If you can. Thx

eric0668

Jun 8, 2010
Hello, can someone help me sort thru all of this.

I am not a pro like you all, rather a novice in spite of whether my posts are higher or lower

I wanted the Galaxy Nexus, aka Nexus Prime when GSM so I hear.
Am I correct on that.

I got the Galaxy S2 on Tmobile because I didn't see the release date in sight for the Galaxy Prime in any of the above listed ways
Now I see it briefly mentioned coming to Best Buy in ads labeled "Verizon Exclusive, not exactly..." and I also see it coming to many sites unlocked. Negri , MobileCityOnline, etc

Now I am leary about buying a phone without a decent warranty, especially since we are getting better phones, and even tho coming down, they are still expensive cause they come with more

One Tmobile rep said their handset protection plan would not cover any bought elsewhere. Yet, I remember last year, I was totally misinformed the same way and then was told by a manager, yes it covers both phones I was carrying, MT4G and Nexus S from Best Buy. Any phone I was using.
Which of that is true

Then Negri says It has a one year warranty, which scared me, but I figure, thats all we really get with Tmo without the handset protection. But do they fix it and you have to wait
And MobileCity says there is NO US warranty for this item

I jumped the gun and have listed this on Ebay after one day used it for only hours then put in box

Should I count on No protection, or no good protection anyway, and take off the listing. And wait on Best Buy, where there is no date in sight. I hear that's the only place Tmo would sell theirs anyway

If anyone would advise, I'd be most grateful. If I seem anxious, I am LOL, but not really LOL :)

Eric, I'm not sure it answers your question, but:

I have no intention of ever getting a warranty on a phone through the carrier again.

Ever.

I have found that Squaretrade is a better warranty and costs less. If you have a warranty issue, they fedex you a box to put the item in, you fedex it to them, they fix it and fedex it back. VIRTUALLY EVERYTHING IS COVERED. The only downside to Squaretrade is that you pay for the whole warranty up front.

I would recommend you at least have a look at their service and see if it's something that will work for you.

Reactions: Flyguy94
Upvote 0
Eric, I'm not sure it answers your question, but:

I have no intention of ever getting a warranty on a phone through the carrier again.

Ever.

I have found that Squaretrade is a better warranty and costs less. If you have a warranty issue, they fedex you a box to put the item in, you fedex it to them, they fix it and fedex it back. VIRTUALLY EVERYTHING IS COVERED. The only downside to Squaretrade is that you pay for the whole warranty up front.

I would recommend you at least have a look at their service and see if it's something that will work for you.

I second this. I use Squaretrade for every piece of electronic equipment I buy, and I have some family members using it too :D

It's a great option when compared to store bought options......cheaper and better in my opinion, and they are really quick on repair turnaround.

Upvote 0
I'm not a fan of Squaretrade for smartphones. A two year insurance plan will set you back $125, and if you do break your phone, you'll have to pay a $99 deductible. Squaretrade makes out like bandit in this case. Even if a whopping 50% of insurance holders break their phone, the $225 they pay more than covers the cost of a repair. Hell, after the first year, $225 would be like two thirds the cost to buy a new phone of the same model.

What's more, Squaretrade doesn't cover lost or stolen phones, which is more likely than breaking it anyway.

T-Mobile's protection plan (at least the last time I bothered looking into it) was $6 per month and covered accidental breakage as well as loss or theft, and with no deductible.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones