• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Confused with ICS firmware names

Hawker

Android Expert
Aug 2, 2011
UK
www.celica.talktalk.net
In terms of firmware releases, on GB, I knew where I stood. KI4 was before KH3, which was before KH5, which was before LA1 etc. etc.

Now I have NO IDEA by looking at an ICS firmware which is newer.
For example, I thought it was about time tried a Sammy based ICS ROM having tried CM9/AOKP based previously, so I thought about Wanamlite or AndyX

Wanamlite currently is LP8, AndyX LPH.
Going on Sammobile, LP8 is higher up the list than LPH (hence newer presumably) but going by this list, LP7 is newer than LP8! :banghead: or am I reading into this incorrectly?

And I just noticed AndyX is on LP7 (so newer than LP8? :dontknow: ) as I was looking at the (closed) AndyX thread on XDA

Is there a definitive place to look for the order of ICS firmware releases.

Better remove those rose-tinted glasses, mate. Take KF3... that could be later than KF4, depending on where the firmware originated. XWKG1 is later (by one day) than JPKG2. :)

Don't know about rose tinted. I think dark glasses are the order of the day for me today!

I understand what you are saying but there was a certain convention, as Hawker mentions, that one could use to roughly gauge the age order of firmwares.

Next thing you'll be telling me is that there's no Easter Bunny or Tooth Fairy! :listen:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones