• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Confusion with Handcent messaging

cah1973

Lurker
Sep 30, 2010
I have downloaded Handcent and love all the options that it gives. However, there are times when I set my phone on silent and do not want anything to vibrate. I have went through all of the settings and notifications and changed everything to "never" vibrate. But still when I receive a new message it does the 3 or 4 vibrate tones. I am sure I am over looking something, but I am gettng a little aggervated. Also, if you have any neat tricks to share that would be appreciated! Thank you for your help!!

I have turned off the notifications for the stock messaging app. Even when I put the phone on silent it still does the vibrating when I get a text. It is driving me absolutely crazy. Earlier today I even uninstalled Handcent and all and it kept vibrating like that. It did not do this weird vibrating before I installed/uninstalled Handcent. Help anyone?? Thanks....

Upvote 0
UPDATE:
With many hours spent searching & messing with the phone, between myself and my aunt, she finally found a solution to this problem. We installed Ring Toggle. When we select "ring only" the phone does not vibrate when a text is received. I hope that this helps anyone else that may need it in the future.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones