• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories Confusion with SD cards (for EVO Shift)

harrisppp

Mar 2, 2011
Just went to Frys to purchase an 16 gb sd card. One guy said they are all the same -just go for lowest price..Another said "class 10" is the best because its the fastest. He Recommended Wintec "Mobile Professional" 16gb class 10 (cost about $32) .
When I went on newegg.com and looked up the reviews, several people said they had problems of all sorts with wintec-don't buy their products.
When you check out Sandisk a more well known company, they seem to only have class 2. Is this really important if I don't intent to store alot of photos? I want 16 gb mainly for music.
Does anyone have any comments pro or con about wintec?or should I go with Sandisk-for 25% higher price? (Some reviewers even said that Wintec ruined their phone)

Just went to Frys to purchase an 16 gb sd card. One guy said they are all the same -just go for lowest price..Another said "class 10" is the best because its the fastest. He Recommended Wintec "Mobile Professional" 16gb class 10 (cost about $32) .
When I went on newegg.com and looked up the reviews, several people said they had problems of all sorts with wintec-don't buy their products.
When you check out Sandisk a more well known company, they seem to only have class 2. Is this really important if I don't intent to store alot of photos? I want 16 gb mainly for music.
Does anyone have any comments pro or con about wintec?or should I go with Sandisk-for 25% higher price? (Some reviewers even said that Wintec ruined their phone)

I contacted HTC and they said they have no recommendation on speed so I did a little experiment. I shot some 720p video and found that it only took 1MB/second of video so that is half the capacity of a Class2 card so you should be safe as other uses should require far less speed than video.

Upvote 0
Ok, thoroughly confused.

Sandisk seems to be failing on numerous reviews on Amazon around 60 days after purchase, after the warranty.

I'm thinking 16 GB class 6.

Transcend?
Patriot?
A-Data?

I see that there is a class 10 out there. Would that work?

Hold out for a 32 GB, would it work?
I'm not rooting at this point. I'm a music and photo fan.

Any help would be appreciated.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones