• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Congratulations Shaq!

It's hard to not like Shaq. He's got quite the personality, plus his game backed up his words.
So true. I love Shaq's spirit--his big, imposing, hilarious spirit. He seems like a hugely overgrown kid, just wanting to have a few chuckles and enjoy life. And the memories he provided for me during the heyday of the Shaq/Kobe Lakers, what can I say? Wow!

Upvote 0
I thought it was hilarious that he thanked everyone besides Kobe lol.
I watched the game and all the pre-game stuff on the local Lakers channel, not TNT or whichever national channel aired the game last night, and I recall distinctly Shaq saying that he and Kobe were the best one-two punch ever in the game. He also mentioned Kobe as one of the best dressed guys in the NBA.

Upvote 0
i think that it was funny that they printed his name on the front of the jersey:
pmpvxtg.jpg

as if he turned his back on the lakers (not really, but one can interpret as that). now i know this was unintentional......but it is still funny:D

Upvote 0
i think that it was funny that they printed his name on the front of the jersey:
pmpvxtg.jpg

as if he turned his back on the lakers (not really, but one can interpret as that). now i know this was unintentional......but it is still funny:D
Um...I've always thought they were all printed on the front. :thinking: The reason Shaq's jersey looks different from the others is because his is the first of the redesigned jerseys (slight v-neck versus the old rounded neck) to be retired. Or am I nuts? (DON'T answer that! :eek: :laugh:)

Upvote 0
Um...I've always thought they were all printed on the front. :thinking: The reason Shaq's jersey looks different from the others is because his is the first of the redesigned jerseys (slight v-neck versus the old rounded neck) to be retired. Or am I nuts? (DON'T answer that! :eek: :laugh:)

nope it is the front. lakers management even acknowledged the mistake. they are making a new one and it should have been up before the dallas game.

Lakers acknowledge error in Shaquille O'Neal's retired jersey - latimes.com

Reactions: MoodyBlues
Upvote 0
nope it is the front. lakers management even acknowledged the mistake. they are making a new one and it should have been up before the dallas game.
I did not know that. Thanks for the info. And thanks, too, for not telling me I'm nuts! :D

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones