• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

connect battery life

kiroshi23

Android Enthusiast
Oct 21, 2011
new york
i just got this phone yesterday and went in thinking about how bad the battery is and it would not give me a day of use. but i was vary happy that in at 20h in and still got 31% left. all i did was turn 4g off when not needed (in other words eveything is off)

finished charging at 7pm and loaded some web, and 1 youtube video (normal use of web)
feel asleep at 10pm-9:50am still lots of juice about 85%
from 9:50am- 3:53pm i played about 15 min of angry birds, used web, played about 2 youtube vids and im down to 31%

the only time battery went down a little was when i was playing angry birds. but this phone gives me a day no problem. next time ill play a lot more angry birds and see what i get.(by the way with everything off and in standby i checked every hour and it only droped 1% each hour) sooooo happy:D:D:D:D

I have used the phone for 2 month already and I found he make it go longer without getting another battery. The LG phone is OK. The problem is Metro PCS software (such as My Extras, Polaris Office, Easy wifi, etc) that are in constant communication with their bases. They are a type of "harmless" Spyware so the can send you little commercials windows. ( as you have seen many times).
To removed this programs you got to know how to get in the phone or go to a authorise dealer and they will remove it for you.
WARNING: Your factory warranty will be void after this.
This will give 35% more battery life :thumbup:

Upvote 0
and you drained more than a 3rd of your battery playing angry birds for an hour and a half with no 4g, background data, or GPS?

yeah that stock battery sucks and you might even want to think about getting a replacement. you shouldnt be loosing that much juice with everything off just playing angry birds.

Upvote 0
and you drained more than a 3rd of your battery playing angry birds for an hour and a half with no 4g, background data, or GPS?

yeah that stock battery sucks and you might even want to think about getting a replacement. you shouldnt be loosing that much juice with everything off just playing angry birds.

hmm i dont think its the phone i have no problems with it. i think its the battery but its oky till i get a good slim one.

Upvote 0
Yeah, it's definitely the battery. I have the 3850mah right and I'm almost 5 hours in with a little over half my battery left with 4G, background data, and GPS on the whole time. I streamed the radio for an hour and a half of that time, maybe 20 minutes of angry birds and a few minutes of web surfing.

I also have all "bloatware" installed. I only have myextras frozen because I hate that app.

Upvote 0
Yeah, it's definitely the battery. I have the 3850mah right and I'm almost 5 hours in with a little over half my battery left with 4G, background data, and GPS on the whole time. I streamed the radio for an hour and a half of that time, maybe 20 minutes of angry birds and a few minutes of web surfing.

I also have all "bloatware" installed. I only have myextras frozen because I hate that app.

i disable this app myextras from the app itself.. is that the same thing than freeze an app??

Upvote 0

I hope that this is just the first run of the battery as I am not at all impressed with that life as I am now getting between 12-17 hrs with the 3500 battery and I keep 4G/WiFi running all day and I use the WWW and stream Netflix quite a bit. I just charged my new 3850 for the first time and will see how it does the first day also and report back.

Upvote 0
I hope that this is just the first run of the battery as I am not at all impressed with that life as I am now getting between 12-17 hrs with the 3500 battery and I keep 4G/WiFi running all day and I use the WWW and stream Netflix quite a bit. I just charged my new 3850 for the first time and will see how it does the first day also and report back.

Do you also have background data and GPS on? Are you underclocked? Do you get live sports updates or anything else that collects data in the background?

When you say 4G/WiFi are you saying you run both at the same time or switch between the two?

Upvote 0
That would explain why you get a few more hours than I do. I'm on 4G the whole way with everything on.

I get crappie 4G at work so I used wifi instead today to stream iheart radio. I'm 8 and a half hours in and I have 46% battery left.

I was just watching 3 hours of Netflix and my battery went from 43% to 5% and so now it is charging again.

One thing I have noticed is that my car charger does not work on the LG Connect 4G and it worked on my other LG phones so do I need to buy one specifically for the LG Connect?

Upvote 0
hay when i surf the web or charge the phone does not go above 38c but when i play games shadowgun or angry birds space it goes up to 40c and when charging and games it went up to 42c. should i and can i get a replacement in corp store. if so how should i go about this
are you still on stock battery?

if so you're not gonna get a replacement thats gonna remedy that problem without getting an extended battery. under heavy use that battery is gonna get hot.

mine had gotten as hot as 109F and i've never played any games like shadowgun or deadspace. just angry birds and FF1 on emulator.

Upvote 0
are you still on stock battery?

if so you're not gonna get a replacement thats gonna remedy that problem without getting an extended battery. under heavy use that battery is gonna get hot.

mine had gotten as hot as 109F and i've never played any games like shadowgun or deadspace. just angry birds and FF1 on emulator.

so i should just buy a diff battery

Upvote 0
I was just watching 3 hours of Netflix and my battery went from 43% to 5% and so now it is charging again.

One thing I have noticed is that my car charger does not work on the LG Connect 4G and it worked on my other LG phones so do I need to buy one specifically for the LG Connect?

I had this issue with the car charger. I bought a usb car charger with a higher output and it solved my issue. The old school style charger which work on my old esteem first version of it and ever other micro usb phone would not work on the connect. With the higher output of the new charger all seems fine now.

Upvote 0
That would explain why you get a few more hours than I do. I'm on 4G the whole way with everything on.

I get crappie 4G at work so I used wifi instead today to stream iheart radio. I'm 8 and a half hours in and I have 46% battery left.

Hey W - I'm thinking about getting the Connect but doing my Homework on here first- I appreciate your Posts and tips .

Exactly where did you get this extended battery ?

Thanks.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones