1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root connect help to home network

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by danielary29, Apr 28, 2012.

1. danielary29

danielary29 Well-Known Member
    None

Mar 31, 2012
    Male
    Redding ca
    would tethering help my connect phone it does not want to stay connected to my home network keeps cutting in and out of my network cant even upload to facebook or download a song cause it wont stay connected long enough will tethering boost my phone signal or should i just buy a new router cause i never had problems with connection on the admire and its annoying having it cut off while loading a page

Advertisement

2. KrazeeCracker

KrazeeCracker Android Enthusiast
    None

May 9, 2011
    Florida
    I had the same exact problem with my moms admire aand my gfs optimistic. I'd say its time to buy a new router. I did and it sol ed my problem

3. DroidFan83

DroidFan83 Well-Known Member
    None

Apr 15, 2012
    I've had issues like this with multiple mobile devices before and it always seemed to be related to not broadcasting the SSID. No idea if this applies to you of course without more info on your setup.

4. danielary29

None

Mar 31, 2012
    Male
    Redding ca
    Thanks i will check into it a bit more before i buy a new router im not sure what all the ssid stuff is but the router is old had it for at least 4 to 5 years now belkin n wireless F5D8236-4 it still works good but might not be compatible to the connect for some reason cause no problems when i was using admire

5. DroidFan83

None

Apr 15, 2012
    OK so it worked OK with the Admire but not with the connect and it is a 4 to 5 year old Belkin wireless n router.. I could be wrong without having a model number for your router ti look it up, but if I'm right then that router is draft n and has compatibility issues with newer wireless n devices. The Admire appears to have only been wireless g so your wouldn't have noticed these issues with it. Unless you want to turn off the wireless n and only use wireless g then you probably want to look at upgrading your wireless router. Keep in mind though that if you have any other devices also using draft n they could have problems with the upgrade. If your devices that old are only wireless g then there should be no risk.

6. DroidFan83

None

Apr 15, 2012
    Actually you did provide the model number. Sorry about that. A quick Google confirmed that it is a draft N router so that's your issue. Your options are pretty much to either turn off wireless N and revert to wireless G at home or to replace your router. I don't know why someone thought it was a good idea to release wireless N before the standard was ready (hence the draft N)

danielary29 likes this.
  7. danielary29

None

Mar 31, 2012
    Male
    Redding ca
    Thanks il have to check into how to revert to wireless g i only have my phone and laptop that is needed for internet in my home the laptop is only 8 months old and i have no money for a new router at the time

8. danielary29

None

Mar 31, 2012
    Male
    Redding ca
    Thank you Droidfan i broke down and got a new router Netgear N300 WNR2000 not the best but it solved my problem no more cut outs i would have opted for a more expensive 1 but this was on sale thanks again