• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Connect my Galaxy s to my PC

Hi..
Just have upgraded my old Sony C905 to a Samsung Galaxy S.
So a bit of newbie here with Android phones..
Manage to have it all connecting via USB and connecting to the web with the help of my Belkin WiFi Router..

So here's the question.
How do I go about getting my PC [ running Win7] to connect with my Galaxy S as a device through my Belkin Router :thinking:

So imagine if I had my Phone downstairs in my home and I wanted to send a Music file to it from my PC, could I do it through my Router?

I can do this fine with a USB Data Cable as my PC sees the I9000 and all its folders for me to drag and drop my music and videos..

But I would like to be cable free sometimes...:)

PS this was possible with my Sony C905..
Just need some instructions to go about setting up my Galaxy S to do it.

Any suggestions...
Many Thanks..........

I found the solution to my problem, so here is the answer for anybody else that would like to transfer, copy,paste and delete using wireless.

Search for SWIFTP and download for Free from the Android Market, and install this on your Android phone.

Also make sure you have a FTP Program running on your PC [Filezilla is Free] :
FileZilla - Client Download
Install on your PC.

And then follow the instructions link below:
Transfer Files Between Android and Computer | Wireless Transfer | Android

No more need of a USB Cable. :D

Regards
NuttyComputer ..

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones