1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Connect my S3 to a Samsung TV

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by zer0c00l, Jan 8, 2013.

1. zer0c00l

zer0c00l Lurker

Hi folks.

As suggested I have a Galaxy S3, I also have a Samsung UE55C8000 TV, so one would think they are compatible as they are/were both once flagships models.

However when I connect my S3 to my TV via the USB port to show off my photos and videos to my family, the TV recognises the photo, and attempts to open the Library but then immediately crashes. I cannot find a way around this at present.

Also, my TV does have the All Share option, but it is very slow and cumbersome to use, taking anywhere from 30 seconds to 2 mins to load in 1 photograph. Also the video share option loads in videos but it buffers every 5 seconds rending them unwatchable.

I am aware of the various HDMI cables, but I am reluctant to spend more money when the items I have already should work.

Any help or suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. hal1

hal1 Android Expert

I'm using mediashare lite on my phone and it hooks right up.

3. TadeoNYC

TadeoNYC Well-Known Member

It's a tv related issue, not phone. I suggest you go to the Facebook page"Samsung support" and post the exact same message.

4. zer0c00l

zer0c00l Lurker

Hi

Thanks for the info, I tried that app in question and it was marginally better that using AllShare directly, although it is just a new front end of the all share app itself.

I got about 20 seconds of video played before it started buffering, and then again about another 20 seconds after that.

I'll give it a try. Thanks.

5. parishmc

parishmc Well-Known Member

allshare app worked great for me, loaded all pics and videos almost instantly
    and played them perfectly. make sure you have all the latest firmware updates
    on the tv !

6. PRkid

PRkid Android Enthusiast

What makes HDMI cables, better than an other? I want to buy one to connect my phone to my tv, but seen a lot of different cables out there. Which one makes them "good"?

Samsung Galaxy S3 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S3 release date was May 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.8" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4412 Quad processor, and 2100mAh battery.

May 2012
Release Date
Reviews