• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help connect to computer, cant find any files

and you're using win7? I guess you can just install AirDroid and bypass all of it. But the other person that had the issue was because he was using XP. I had two cables that didn't work, but the third one finally did. The USB cables from the generic chargers didn't work for me. I found my motorola cable, and that's when it worked. Good luck.

Upvote 0
That's right, I remember someone saying once before that some USB cables just didnt work for some reason. Try another if you can? If I recall properly, all I had to do was install the drivers and it detected it pretty much immediately. Try swapping it on the phone's USB notification, from PTP to MTP and back and forth. Wish I could help more, but I can't actually connect my phone to my PC because of custom ROM issues.

And if ya can't get it working, try Airdroid like mentioned above. It's actually a lot more convenient.

Upvote 0
... and try a different USB port on your PC. In a lot (and not all) of cases there are USB ports on the front and back of the PC and in many (not all) cases those in the front simply don't work for this while those in the back do. Always try it first with the cable that came with your phone (in many cases very short) and when it is working try a different cable if you want.

... Thom

Reactions: aaronmach1
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones