1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Connect to Email Account

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by joe645, May 6, 2012.

1. joe645

joe645 Newbie
    None

May 5, 2012
    Retired
    Entertainment Capital of the World
    I am new to this mobile phone, in fact to any smartphone. I am trying to connect to my email account and thought I had entered the correct settings but it doesn't happen. I don't know if I am at fault or the phone just can't connect to the account. My email: is Zoho.com

Advertisement

2. scary alien

scary alien not really so scary

Mar 5, 2010
    Male
    space alien ;)
    Indy
    Joe,

I'm not familiar with Zoho.com, but I did find their FAQ and support threads that might help you:

Zoho - FAQ(Frequently Asked Questions)

https://support.zoho.com/portal/zohocorp/HomePage.do

Also, let the good folks here know what type of phone and version of Android you have--that might help someone that has a similar device and/or experience provide a suggestion or two for you.

Cheers and again, welcome to AF! :)

3. joe645

joe645 Newbie
    None

May 5, 2012
    Retired
    I followed their instructions to the letter (at least I thought so) but says it still cannot connect. I know I am doing something wrong being a newbie to the smartphone technology. I will contact them in the morning. One other question regarding connections; I know I can access the internet (connected to my wifi modem but can I bring up my browser (Firefox) and navigate remotely?

4. Clevo89

Clevo89 Well-Known Member
    None

Jul 30, 2011
    are you having problems connecting all together? or just sending... remember when setting up an e-mail account you have to use your carriers SMTP server for sending e-mail....

scary alien likes this.
  5. nicka3200

nicka3200 Android Expert
    None

Dec 28, 2011
    Male
    UK
    On option would be to go into your Gmail account on a PC and set it up to input your Zoho mail then use your Gmail app. Try googling import E-mail into Gmail.

scary alien likes this.
  6. dvhttn

dvhttn Android Expert

Oct 17, 2010
    I wish ....
    Sunny Cornwall
    Does your phone connect to the internet at all? As in, can you go to a web page like ... BBC News - Home ... ?

That's the first thing to confirm.

Dave

scary alien likes this.
  7. joe645

joe645 Newbie
    None

May 5, 2012
    Retired
    I can connect to the internet, although I would like to access my Firefox browser. In other words the phone says I can connect to my PC and that is a function I am really interested in because I want to be able to access my home and office security cameras. I just haven't been able to get the phone to connect to my email account as yet. It's a learning process, I know. I am about a quarter the way through the 228 pages of the owners manual.

Question: How is the battery life of the HTC Droid Eris as compared to other smartphones. Are there upgraded batteries?

8. joe645

joe645 Newbie
    None

May 5, 2012
    Retired
    If at first you don't succeed . . . well you know the rest. I have finally set up a working mail account but while in the process now have 2 accounts. I can send with the working account but have not been able to see any of my saved email. I need to delete the other account while being able also to edit my working account title. Haven't found how yet.