• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Connect to PC: When phone sleeps - Connection goes dormant (temp solution:set screen to never sleep)

NeoEVO

Jun 6, 2010
Was it me or that's the way the LTE is (never happened on my OG EVO).

So here I was tinkering with my music files, changing all the mp3 tags because the LTE stock music player no longer does folder sorting - whole different bitch & gripe. Two minutes into using Mp3tag on the PC with the LTE plugged in to access ext_sd; the connection breaks because the LTE screen goes into sleep mode. Easy enough, solution was to (temporarily) set the LTE sleep mode to Never Turn Off while working with ext_sd.

Now I know for sure the LTE does not break off during sleep mode while playing the stock music player or any using other app I have running. I checked a previous thread where WiFi can disconnect by the sleep mode but can be corrected via the WiFi settings. I guess Connect to PC is different? :thinking:

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones