1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Connect to Wifi Automatically

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by JSS12, May 24, 2011.

1. JSS12

JSS12 Android Enthusiast

Hey All,

I continually have to go to my Wifi Manager and connect to the wifi in my house or in the hospital - how do I make my phone connect automatically?

Also, I don't want to connect to all random wifis, is there a way for me to automatically connect only to remembered wifi?

Thanks in advance.

JS

Btw- not sure if this matters but I'm rooted and running CM7

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. sdrawkcab25

sdrawkcab25 Extreme Android User

That's strange, it should automatically connect to any network you've connected to before and not automatically connect to unsecured networks (it might notify you that there is a network available)
    Maybe check the advanced settings in the wi-fi menu(hit the menu button when on the wi-fi settings screen).

3. myers6mm

myers6mm Guest

I've been using Y5 on my wife's Dinc since launch, and my Thunderbolt since launch. I've had good luck with it.

4. JSS12

JSS12 Android Enthusiast

Still no luck. I come home, turn on my wifi and after ten minutes my phone is still using 3g. Then I go into wifi manager and select my wifi and then it connects?

No suggestions?

5. sdrawkcab25

sdrawkcab25 Extreme Android User

Like I said above try clearing the data for "settings" or try reflashing cm7 after a full wipe, don't use titanium to restore any wi-fi settings. That's how I flashed cm7 and never had any issues with wi-fi. The issue could also be kernel related.

HTC Droid Incredible Forum

The HTC Droid Incredible release date was April 2010. Features and Specs include a 3.7" inch screen, 8MP camera, Snapdragon S1 processor, and 1300mAh battery.

April 2010
Release Date
Reviews