• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Connect Xbox Controller?

Upvote 0
So I know you can connect a keyboard or mouse etc to the N7, but how do I make a USB 360 controller work? I'd love to use it for games on the N7...

*I have the OTG Cable that is Female USB to Male MiniUSB*

I wouldn't bother with an xbox controller when you have an app like sixaxis to play nearly every game out there with a wireless PS3 controller. Modern Combat 3 is particularly good. I have my controller setup so it mimics CoD controls.
I also like creating my own button setup for N64 games like Super Smash Bros and Mario Kart 64. Don't know if u can do that with an xbox controller?

Upvote 0
Oh that is just awesome!

I set up the controls in Dead Trigger in a jiffy, and was killin' me some zomboids in Bristol fashion!

As an added bonus I discovered the sync feature in this game and was able to bring my game in progress over to my Nexus 7 from my Toshiba!

I like the wired Logitech controller, but I LOVE the wireless Xbox controller!
This works on both of my tablets! :D

Thanks!

Reactions: Manute
Upvote 0
so the wireless xBox controller works...

Has anyone had success with a WIRED 360 controller?
Any apps needed for it to work?

Thanks

Edit: nevermind, just saw LS1BadBird;s comment.

Yeah, I've had no problems at all with the wired one. I like it a lot better because I play it when I travel and it's one less thing to charge. Only thing is you need to buy the adapter to get it to plug in, which is like $1 on Amazon.

Upvote 0
I've just got my OTG cable and tried my wired 360 controler (and yeah, it's an official microsoft one).

Unfortunately, it lights up for a split second then goes dead again and doesn't work.

The cable works for USB storage, and the 360 controler works fine with my PC. I'm wondering if it's something to do with the custom rom/kernel I'm using.

EDIT: I posted that, pluged it in again and it worked first time - sod's law.

I'm guessing that a connection was loose somewhere. The OTG cable was super cheap and it's already very loose; the metal USB socket and the plastic around it aren't even connected and you end up pulling out the metal when you remove whatever you've plugged in.

Upvote 0
I haven't tried a custom rom or kernel yet, hell, I haven't even rooted it yet... but I will eventually.

Right now, all I've had time for is reading the Song of Ice and Fire books. (Game of Thrones). I'm using my N7 as an eReader...

I did toss Zelda, and Super Mario on there, and played them with a Wii remote. I just wanted analog sticks so I could do N64 games, and maybe PS1

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones