1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Apps connected my phone to laptop how can i make eclipse see it?

Discussion in 'Android Development' started by ketanco, Sep 16, 2011.

1. ketanco

ketanco Newbie
    None

Apr 13, 2011
    hi,
    i connected my samsung galaxy S android phone to my laptop with its usb cable and opened eclipse. my goal was eclipse to see the phone so that i cold run the app i am starting to develop on my phone. currently i have avd on my laptop but i dont like that one i want to use my phone how is that possible? right now when i look at eclipse, it only shows the AVD i made before under available devices but not my phone. please help

Advertisement

2. TheCompBoy

TheCompBoy Android Enthusiast
    None

Oct 18, 2010
    Programmer
    Sweden
    From what i read this task you're trying to do only works with some special phones which is made for Android app developement..

Im not 100% sure this is true.. But i think there should be some way to develop with the Galaxy S plugged in instead of an Emulator.

Try "App Inventor" It works there.. I tried that..

3. jonbonazza

jonbonazza Android Expert
    None

Jul 13, 2010
    Male
    Any android phone can be used for development. There are no "special phones."
    In order to do what you wish, in eclipse, create a new run configuration and make sure on the AVD tab, you select manual (automatic requries you to select an AVD)., then, when you run that run configuration you can select your device--provided it is plugged in, and you have the proper USB drivers installed.