1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Connected, running sync loop?

Discussion in 'Android Wear' started by nickdalzell, Nov 26, 2014.

1. nickdalzell

nickdalzell Android Expert
    None

Jun 17, 2011
    Owensboro, KY
    From time to time this shows up in the notification tray. It should be saying 'Android Wear: Connected' but often defaults to 'Android Wear: Connected, running sync loop'

Doesn't appear to harm functionality, the watch works as it should, still gets notifications and weather, OK Google still works, but i am wondering what the different status means?

Advertisement

2. drexappeal

drexappeal Android Expert

Apr 8, 2010
    Male
    Entertainment Industry
    West LA, CA
    I just noticed this, for the first time, this morning. I've searched and found several different threads discussing, but no definitive answers. I've tried everything to get it back to normal, but nothing has brought it back to just "connected." I don't really mind, as long as it doesn't harm functionality, but glad that I'm not the only one. I just wish there was some sort of definitive answer to why it would say that vs. just "connected."

3. drexappeal

drexappeal Android Expert

Apr 8, 2010
    Male
    Entertainment Industry
    West LA, CA
  4. nickdalzell

nickdalzell Android Expert
    None

Jun 17, 2011
    Owensboro, KY
    1. all the threads i read say they experience horrible battery drain or lost functions--i do not experience either of those

2. 99% of the time it's blamed on a custom ROM. I'm not running a custom ROM and am not rooted either

3. blamed most common on a recent APK of Play Services. i have not installed any such APK and haven't manually updated it either. this issue has been quite random since the first day i got my G Watch. the realy mystery is what the different status means? i never experience any issue but it must mean something? Since i don't have issues or problems i am not sure if it's a bug, error or if i am better off leaving well enough alone.