1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Connected to Wifi Network Popup

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Jonathan Wood, May 8, 2016.

1. Jonathan Wood

Jonathan Wood Lurker
    None

May 8, 2016
    Male
    Salt Lake City, UT
    I keep getting a Connected to Wifi Network [Network Name] popup on my new Galaxy S7. It's annoying enough that this message keeps appearing every minute or so, but it seems to be severely affecting the phones performance.

If I'm playing a game, sometimes I notice severe performance issues just before this message appears. Apparently, the phone is doing something that results in this popup, which uses a lot of processor time. The result is that I sometimes get performance that is worse than on phones I've used from several generations back!

I've been researching this and can find nothing. This is my home network and the network is fine. I watch Netflix and other content on my TV. I never had any network issues on my previous phones. Why does my new Galaxy S7 keep telling me it's connected to my network and severely impacting my phone's performance in the process?

Advertisement

2. BandOfBrothers

BandOfBrothers Well-Known Member
    None

Mar 19, 2016
    Male
    If this was my phone I'd certainly speak with Online Samsung Support as they may have an answer to stop the pop up.

3. runamonk

runamonk Well-Known Member
    None

Apr 14, 2010
    Male
    Sounds like you're connecting and disconnecting. Have you tried rebooting your router?

4. Jonathan Wood

Jonathan Wood Lurker
    None

May 8, 2016
    Male
    Salt Lake City, UT
    I've since moved. I've set everything up at the new address. And, of course, restarted all my systems. But the issues remains. Are other Galaxy S7 users not seeing this same issue? I've seen a number of people report it, but perhaps it's rare.

#4 Jonathan Wood, May 11, 2016
    Last edited: May 17, 2016
  5. runamonk

runamonk Well-Known Member
    None

Apr 14, 2010
    Male
    Have you tried changing your wireless channels? It could very well be interference causing this. Also there is an option under Settings > WIFI > More > Smart Network Switch (I would turn this off if it's on). I haven't had this issue myself, so far my phone has been very stable. However I do remember my wife having issues with her Note 3, similar to yours but that was ages ago.

6. Jonathan Wood

Jonathan Wood Lurker
    None

May 8, 2016
    Male
    Salt Lake City, UT
    Wireless channels? Don't know how to do that. All I know is that this worked just fine until I bought a new phone. Also, I can stream video to other devices using the same WiFi without interruption.

I have played with the Smart Network Switch setting but doesn't seem to have any effect.

Samsung Galaxy S7

The Samsung Galaxy S7 was launched in 2016 and was one of two devices in the lineup. The device features a 5.1-inch display with a resolution of 2560 x 1440, 4GB of RAM, 32GB of storage, and a 12MP rear camera.