• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Connected to Wifi Network Popup

I keep getting a Connected to Wifi Network [Network Name] popup on my new Galaxy S7. It's annoying enough that this message keeps appearing every minute or so, but it seems to be severely affecting the phones performance.

If I'm playing a game, sometimes I notice severe performance issues just before this message appears. Apparently, the phone is doing something that results in this popup, which uses a lot of processor time. The result is that I sometimes get performance that is worse than on phones I've used from several generations back!

I've been researching this and can find nothing. This is my home network and the network is fine. I watch Netflix and other content on my TV. I never had any network issues on my previous phones. Why does my new Galaxy S7 keep telling me it's connected to my network and severely impacting my phone's performance in the process?

Sounds like you're connecting and disconnecting. Have you tried rebooting your router?

I've since moved. I've set everything up at the new address. And, of course, restarted all my systems. But the issues remains. Are other Galaxy S7 users not seeing this same issue? I've seen a number of people report it, but perhaps it's rare.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Have you tried changing your wireless channels? It could very well be interference causing this. Also there is an option under Settings > WIFI > More > Smart Network Switch (I would turn this off if it's on). I haven't had this issue myself, so far my phone has been very stable. However I do remember my wife having issues with her Note 3, similar to yours but that was ages ago.

Upvote 0
Have you tried changing your wireless channels? It could very well be interference causing this. Also there is an option under Settings > WIFI > More > Smart Network Switch (I would turn this off if it's on). I haven't had this issue myself, so far my phone has been very stable. However I do remember my wife having issues with her Note 3, similar to yours but that was ages ago.

Wireless channels? Don't know how to do that. All I know is that this worked just fine until I bought a new phone. Also, I can stream video to other devices using the same WiFi without interruption.

I have played with the Smart Network Switch setting but doesn't seem to have any effect.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones