• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Connecting Bluetooth Headphones to Hisense Android TV

Rob

Galaxy S20 Ultra
News Moderator
Administrator
  • Mar 26, 2008
    androidforums.com
    I've got a brand new 4K Hisense Android TV (2019) and have it connected to a Sonos Play Bar. I've also got bluetooth headphones which are nice to use when someone else in the house doesn't want to be bothered by whatever garbage is playing (bah humbug).

The Hisense TV connects to the Bluetooth headphones perfectly fine on the first try but the NEXT time you try to use them you've got to pair them from scratch. It remembers the device but doesn't say "connected" and there is no option in any settings menu to "connect". You've got to unpair the headphones and pair them all over again. It's not the worst thing in the world but beyond mildly annoying.

Anyone have a solution to this? Or at least a reason it's happening?

UPDATE
    Even with the connection active the Bluetooth audio doesn't work properly (with Airpod Pro headphones). The audio doesn't properly sync and changing audio modes somehow forces the audio to be lowered to the point that you can hardly hear anything.

If we could fix this with an audio delay and save the profile or something that would be fine but it's not possible.

Maybe the solution is to buy a TV that's not so crappy but thinking it could also be something I'm overlooking, issue with Airpods specifically, or a conflict with the Sonos (which seems unlikely since the problem occurs with the Sonos unplugged)

Last edited:
    Maybe the solution is to buy a TV that's not so crappy but thinking it could also be something I'm overlooking, issue with Airpods specifically, or a conflict with the Sonos (which seems unlikely since the problem occurs with the Sonos unplugged)
    this.

Hisense is only good at one thing.....making cheap affordable tvs. but like with most electronics, you get what you pay for. not really surprised that you are having issues with bluetooth connectivity.

check out this article:
    https://www.techradar.com/news/should-i-buy-a-hisense-television

i have better success with Best Buy's versions of cheap affordable products which is their Insignia brand. i have a Insignia tv that i use in my bedroom that works great. it is connected to my bluetooth soundbar i have......and i have my beats solo 3 headset connected to it as well.

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/tv-hom...vs/pcmcat363400050006.c?id=pcmcat363400050006

Reactions: mikedt
    Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones