1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Connecting devices via the usb port

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by JohnB47, Jan 14, 2012.

1. JohnB47

JohnB47 Well-Known Member
    None

Jan 14, 2012
    Male
    Devon, UK
    Hi.
    I seem to have read countless posts in lots of forums about this but they all seem to give me hope but no solution. My question is this - I have an A100 tab running Android 3.2.1 and I want to see what devices I can connect directly to it's USB port.

In particular, I want to be able to connect a USB memory stick and if possible, a Compact Flash memory card (fitted in a suitable adapter) from my Canon EOS 350 camera. Connecting the camera directly would be ideal but I have a feeling it's too old to have the correct transfer protocol.

Can anyone help with this?

I've read a thread over on the A500 section, called 'Iconia A500 cant browse through USB flash drive' (As a new user I can't yet post a link to it).

It talks about connecting a usb memory device (to an A500) and using FS Manager to navigate to it's folders. I've loaded up FS Manager but the instructions in the thread don't line up with what I'm seeing -there is no panel in FS on the right with an Up arrow and I can't find a directory called asec.

Is it that the A100 and A500 are just different and that's why the instructions for using FS File Manager don't line up with what I'm seeing?

The Acer site says the A100 supports memory devices plugged directly into the USB port, so how do I get something (anything!) to connect in this way ?

Thanks.

Advertisement