• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Connecting DI to PS3 or A/V Receiver to Play Music?

Superbad

Mar 12, 2010
Is there a way to connect my Incredible to either my PS3 or to one of the inputs on the A/V receiver to stream music from something like Pandora or Sirius/XM over my home theater system? Or can I only mount it as a drive and play files that are on the phone/SD card? Can I use some kind of splitter to output from the headphone jack to the PS3 or A/V receiver?

Thanks!

Is there a way to connect my Incredible to either my PS3 or to one of the inputs on the A/V receiver to stream music from something like Pandora or Sirius/XM over my home theater system? Or can I only mount it as a drive and play files that are on the phone/SD card? Can I use some kind of splitter to output from the headphone jack to the PS3 or A/V receiver?

Thanks!

Sure you can. I use mine all the time through my home theater sys. Just use the headphone out jack with a stereo mini cable to 2RCA male jacks. They have them at radio shack. Forgot what I payed as it was along time since I got it. Been doing that forever with my phones.

Here is a link if you want to see what it looks like or order online. It's only 5.50 :)

http://www.cablesnmor.com/mini-stereo-rca.html

Oh ! wait until you hear the sound of videos that you record. I am telling you that you will be blown away ! I couldn't believe how a tiny mic in this thing could be so freakin awesome !

One more thing: Make sure that you start with the volume all the way down on your phone before you turn on whatever you choose to play it through, then turn it up a bit at a time so you don't damage your speakers.

Upvote 0
Thank you. Can't believe I didn't think of that. Works like a charm. Just happened to have the right cable stuck in a box in the attic. On to the next mystery....

Do you know if I can do the same thing but with my desktop computer? I'd like to connect it at work and listen to Pandora/Sirius but haven't found the proper input on my PC yet apparently. I have a 3.5mm jack for headphones and one for microphone. Will the microphone jack work since it is line in?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones