• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Connecting Droid Turbo 2 to Computer via USB

Thanks Tim Mc Dermott & Scary Alien... that was sooooo easy and worked like a charm!
Luckily no hair loss here. I googled for a solution after 1/2 hour of trying to fix problem. I too have now booked marked this site and joined the forum as well. Thanks again!!!

Cheers, @emberfire!

Thank you for signing-up and posting here with that--that was very helpful and thoughtful of you :).

Upvote 0
This began for me soon after a recent phone update. Here is how I solved this problem; in my situation:
>Keep phone connected to the computer using USB cable
>Go to phone "Settings"
>Find and select "Developer options" on the settings menu list
>Choose "Select USB Configuration" - Mine was (and should be) set to "MTP (Media Transfer Protocol)"
>Temporarily instead, select, "Charging" from the list
>Once changed, again re-select "Select USB Configuration"
>Change back to the original "MTP (Media Transfer Protocol)" from the list
>As was my case, all was then recognized by the computer and my files/folders on the phone were now visible on my Windows based file window.

Hope that helped someone. It worked for me. -Tim

I am not a big computer wiz or cell phone user, but I love to take pics and post them... This is definitely the way to go!!! If you follow the directions, it will work! I have a MOTO Z Droid... and I am loading all the pics from my phone to Laptop... even people at Verizon couldn't help!!! Thank you!!!

Reactions: scary alien
Upvote 0
This began for me soon after a recent phone update. Here is how I solved this problem; in my situation:
>Keep phone connected to the computer using USB cable
>Go to phone "Settings"
>Find and select "Developer options" on the settings menu list
>Choose "Select USB Configuration" - Mine was (and should be) set to "MTP (Media Transfer Protocol)"
>Temporarily instead, select, "Charging" from the list
>Once changed, again re-select "Select USB Configuration"
>Change back to the original "MTP (Media Transfer Protocol)" from the list
>As was my case, all was then recognized by the computer and my files/folders on the phone were now visible on my Windows based file window.

Hope that helped someone. It worked for me. -Tim

I tried this and it still isn't working. Any other suggestions?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones