• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Connecting Galaxy ACE to laptop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
what version of android do you have, I have noticed this right from the beginning with original stock 2.2.2, 2.3.3 and now with 2.3.6 every time I connect to computer with USB debug mode disabled it will enable automatically, why yours is different or is it the computer?

geeesh, you guys are a tough crowd :D.... u complain if a guys asks a simple question, then you complain when he gets the final answer. then you try to over-analyze the situation.

If you go back to the final reply from the guy, the debug mode FIXED his problem. There are only 2 options for USB debug, enabled or disabled. It's a 10 second test to see if that will fix the problem, if not, then move on to other solutions.

This is the reason android will probably die out before ios. There are too many settings and the systems just aren't as kid friendly as ios. IT'S JUST A PHONE, a person should be able to plug it in and it works. ;)

i have 2.3.4 stock rom, rooted

Upvote 0
geeesh, you guys are a tough crowd :D.... u complain if a guys asks a simple question, then you complain when he gets the final answer. then you try to over-analyze the situation.

If you go back to the final reply from the guy, the debug mode FIXED his problem. There are only 2 options for USB debug, enabled or disabled. It's a 10 second test to see if that will fix the problem, if not, then move on to other solutions.

This is the reason android will probably die out before ios. There are too many settings and the systems just aren't as kid friendly as ios. IT'S JUST A PHONE, a person should be able to plug it in and it works. ;)

i have 2.3.4 stock rom, rooted
look, no offense, I just like answers, I know how my ACE behaves so I expect all ACES should work the same but I could be wrong that's why I'm questioning this.
one last question, do you actually own an ACE? I saw on another thread you have a Galaxy S, if this is true you are posting on the wrong forum section and confusing people here.
Sorry If I'm wrong.

Upvote 0
look, no offense, I just like answers, I know how my ACE behaves so I expect all ACES should work the same but I could be wrong that's why I'm questioning this.
one last question, do you actually own an ACE? I saw on another thread you have a Galaxy S, if this is true you are posting on the wrong forum section and confusing people here.
Sorry If I'm wrong.

LOL!!! can you read? YESSSSSSS!!!! I have Galaxy ACE!!!! :p

If you notice in the other post, IF it was actually mine, a guy asked a question about changing frequencies. I copied information from another post exactly as it appeared, that post was for a galaxy s. BUT I also clearly stated that I tested it on my ACE and it worked.

also on the previous post, I'm not mad or trying to argue and no offense is taken or meant. I'm just pointing out that USB debugging fixed his problem, I'm not sure why it's so hard for everyone to understand that. Some people don't want to dedicate 4 hours of their life trying to understand how a "smart" phone is supposed to connect to a pc.

Actually at this point, I'm not sure I understand why they even have a setting for USB debug, seems to me like it should always be enabled. I haven't found a good reason to ever turn it off. :thinking:

I think we should probably just leave it at that and end this topic, the guy got his fix. I think we have beat this topic to the ground. :D

Upvote 0
USB debugging shouldn't (and seemingly normally doesn't) need to be turned on to connect to your PC. In fact some ppl have encountered problems with USB debug when trying to connect to Kies: lymond.hubpages.com/hub/How-to-Connect-Samsung-Galaxy-S-with-Kies-on-your-PC

It's a developers tool, put on the phone in part because it's well known people like to create open-source software etc. for Android.

Upvote 0
USB debugging shouldn't (and seemingly normally doesn't) need to be turned on to connect to your PC. In fact some ppl have encountered problems with USB debug when trying to connect to Kies: lymond.hubpages.com/hub/How-to-Connect-Samsung-Galaxy-S-with-Kies-on-your-PC

It's a developers tool, put on the phone in part because it's well known people like to create open-source software etc. for Android.

I dont know about Galaxy S. Kies works for me ONLY with debug mode enabled. Apparently same thing for SOME others also. I always leave it on, I haven't had any issues. Maybe it has something to do with the kernel version or build number of the firmware
here is my info:
S5830LUBKP7
gingerbread.UBKP7
kernel = 2.6.35.7-perf.CL366939 se.infra@SEI-27 #1

like I said, it was only a suggestion to try it, if it doesn't work you can always disable it in about 5 seconds.

Upvote 0
I really don't think the kernel will make much difference. Fact is that everyone here has pretty much exactly the same phone, but almost completely different computers with far greater variations of OS on them. Reading around it appears that it's the Computer OS's that are the biggest variable factor in deciding the connectivity of the phone (once someone has 'mastered' the basics of working out where to press 'connect').

But of course you are right, in that it is certainly one thing worth trying when attempting to solve this particular problem.

Upvote 0
Let's try and keep the conversation civil. Many members have different levels of experience and education and what may appear obvious to some is not so for others. Please refrain from commenting on what you may perceive as another member's shortcomings and focus on the topic at hand. We are supposed to be here to help one another, not to judge who is worthy of our assistance.

If you feel someone is out of line, don't goad them into a distracting and pointless exchange, simply use the report button and move on.

Thank you for understanding that these forums are for everyone, and that the rules of conduct apply to everyone.

Upvote 0
Let's try and keep the conversation civil. Many members have different levels of experience and education and what may appear obvious to some is not so for others. Please refrain from commenting on what you may perceive as another member's shortcomings and focus on the topic at hand. We are supposed to be here to help one another, not to judge who is worthy of our assistance.

If you feel someone is out of line, don't goad them into a distracting and pointless exchange, simply use the report button and move on.

Thank you for understanding that these forums are for everyone, and that the rules of conduct apply to everyone.

Right on Lunatic59,
Wisely spoken! Then maybe you gave the right signal to close this thread now??

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones