1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Connecting HTC Wildfire S to Talktalk WIFI

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Alib, Jul 12, 2011.

1. Alib

Alib Lurker
    None

Jul 12, 2011
    HI Just bought an HTC Wildfire S and cant connect to my TalkTalk Wireless router. i have spoke to talktalk a couple of times and it aint doing nothing. i think its something to do with the security settings, i have also gone on HTC and talk talks site but that hasnt done any good,

Advertisement

2. dvhttn

dvhttn Android Expert

Oct 17, 2010
    I wish ....
    Sunny Cornwall
  3. Alib

Alib Lurker
    None

Jul 12, 2011
    Hi i have already had a look on that, the problem that i have got with it is that it wont connect up to the internet but i have tried my internet tablet and also my cousins android phone but neither of us can seems to connect to the internet but i have tried it on my wireless internet which mine is Virgin media and the router is Net gear n the one that we cant connect to is talk talk and its a d-link router, i have updated my tablet and phone but still cant connect, we have tried ringing up talk talk but they keep telling us its something to do with the laptop but we know that it is not anything to do with that.

4. Hexx

Hexx Well-Known Member
    None

Feb 2, 2011
    Java and .Net Developer
    Hi Alib,

Can you provide a little more info - when your phone scans for the network does it see it and just fail to connect, or does it not see it at all? Is your SSID hidden?

Ben.

5. galesjam

galesjam Newbie
    None

Jul 13, 2011
    UK
    Could it be to do with Wireless Security (or Wireless Settings) on the router, only allowing specific devices to connect?

Maybe 'MAC Address Filtering' or 'Wireless Card Access List'. Basically a list of known devices and MAC addresses somewhere in the router settings.

6. Alib

Alib Lurker
    None

Jul 12, 2011
    Hi Hexx the phone see the network but wen i click on it to connect it looks like its connecting and then just goes back to not connecting.

Hi Galesjam i have tried changing the wireless settings it was on WPA i changed it to WPA2 and set all the setting to what they are on my Virgin Media wireless settings but it still doesnt connect. it may be the Mac address filtering but not sure if it will be since i dont think i set it up on his router but i might try that and see if it works