1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Connecting...Keis

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by stevegs, May 29, 2011.

1. stevegs

stevegs Newbie
    None

Dec 6, 2010
    Should there be anyone out there with a Galaxy S2 and managed to connect it to Keis PC Suite, could they in very simple terms let me know how !
    I don't want to brick the phone but I would like to be able to check for the new KE7 update (mines on KE2).
    When I tried it just showed two storage type cards under the phone icon, but the phone was not shown. Really quite new to the Android world so the easier the better please, step by step if possible.
    Thanks
    Numpty Steve :thinking:

Advertisement

2. mystvearn

mystvearn Android Enthusiast
    None

Jun 7, 2010
    MY
  3. Galaxy2

Galaxy2 Lurker
    None

May 28, 2011
    Open keis first and then connect your phone. Then it will install the drivers.

4. mystvearn

mystvearn Android Enthusiast
    None

Jun 7, 2010
    MY
    I connected Kies, but I don't see any drive downloads/updates. Just found out that I have the latest stuff
    What I did found out, was I open the Samsung Apps, found a camera firmware update and installed that.

5. ozcr

ozcr Lurker
    None

May 29, 2011
    You probably don't need to worry about bricking your phone. It highly unlikely, considering it is all Samsung software specifically designed for this purpose.

Connecting to Kies was very simple for me. Make sure you have the latest version of Kies installed on your computer. You can download it from samsungapps.com .

Once it is installed just connect your Galaxy S2 to your computer by USB. Your phone screen will say you're connecting with Kies, then launch Kies separately on your computer if it doesn't start up automatically. It takes a while to open on my computer, but that might just be cuz it's getting a bit old now. =P

After that, you'll see your phone listed at the top on the left hand side. Click it to get to the summary and it'll show you what software version you have and what the latest is. There should also be an option to update. Your network provider may have locked the phone down though so that you can only update as and when they decide you can. Hope that helps.

6. stevegs

stevegs Newbie
    None

Dec 6, 2010
    Are there any boxes to tick on the phone as it did not seem to see phone last time I tried ?

7. johnyfalco

johnyfalco Member
    None

May 19, 2011
    Queensland, Australia
    If Kies did not "see" the phone, there is a possibility the drivers have not installed. There is an option in Kies to install the drivers.

8. mattism78

mattism78 Well-Known Member
    None

Jul 18, 2010
    Vero Beach, Florida
    Also, some have suggested running Kies as an Administrator.