• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How To Connecting LAN server from inside LAN.

J Cubed

Lurker
Apr 29, 2010
I have a Motorola Droid that has been working great for a month, now. I can connect to my network and access the Web through it. (I have confirmed this via NetCounter.) Unfortunately, when I enter the IP address of my web server in the Android browser or Opera, or my XP machine in androidVN, it seems like my Droid is trying to access the 192.168.x.y IP addresses from outside the network, rather than on my LAN. The only tool that is working on the LAN is the ssh tool, ConnectBot, which connects to my Debian server nicely. I've seen a few threads from people who cannot connect to their LAN, but I know that isn't my problem.

Does anyone have any ideas why most apps are looking right past my LAN to the outside world? How can I get my other tools to look at 192.168.x.y addresses locally? I don't want have my router expose ports to the outside world, especially my Windows box.

Thanks!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones