1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Connecting multimedia doc via USB

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Nepherim, Nov 17, 2009.

1. Nepherim

Nepherim Well-Known Member

If you decide to connect your multimedia dock to your PC via USB, you hit a re-boot cycle, which stops as soon as you remove the Droid from the dock. Anyone else get this?

~ ~ Dave

Advertisement

2. Nepherim

Okay, turns out this is not specific to the multimedia dock. For some reason my Droid reboots whenever it's connected to a USB port. Just plugging the USB cable in causes a reboot cycle. Unplug the cable and the reboots stop. I've tried two different cables, and two different PCs.

My guess is that I installed some incompatible software. Any suggestions, or anyone have the same problem?

3. sherri

sherri Well-Known Member

Nov 2, 2009
    I had problems with the Droid rebooting he first weekend I got it (day 1). Exchanged it on day 3 for a different one. No more rebooting...

4. Nepherim

Odd thing is it's been working fine, up until I plugged the multi-media mount into a usb port. That's when the reboots started. Now it happens even if I plug a normal USB cable in. Not sure if the multimedia thing is what caused it though.

At this point I'm just deleting app by app. Is there a 'hard-reset' category that removes all apps, but not other settings? I have no data to retain so that helps.

5. Nepherim

I'm about to get an award for most self-replies to a thread. Anyway, I ended up doing a hard-reset -- that fixed the problem. Now if I find the app that caused this...