1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Connecting Musical Instruments

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by echobouncer, Jan 12, 2014.

1. echobouncer

echobouncer Lurker
    None

Dec 19, 2013
    Hey Android Users,
    I recently got my first android phone(not rooted) and I've been recording songs thru my phone mic,and they sound decent.I've got Audio Evolution now(paid) and the app makers have a Usb Recording addon that connects an musical instrument(not a midi sequencer),but its not compatabile with my device(lg optimus q l55c) or O.S.(gingerbread 2.3).Just wondering if there's some way to connect my keyboard to my phone to record in Audio Evolution some generic way.Not wanting to root my phone,so I can keep warranty,but for music I might.Any help would be great.

Advertisement

2. Rukbat

Rukbat Android Expert
    None

Jan 16, 2012
    Male
    Being retired and writing Tasker tasks.
    Fayetteville, NC, USA
    I would think the Audio Evolution developers are the ones you'd want to contact about that. They know their app, so they know why it's not compatible with your phone, and what it would take to get it work if it's possible.

For any other developer it's either a total reverse engineering of the AE app, or guesswork. The first is expensive (for you - no one does that amount of work for free) and the second probably won't work.

3. echobouncer

echobouncer Lurker
    None

Dec 19, 2013
    Thanks for the info.I just thought that maybe my phone would accept a usb audio interface(musical keyboard to interface to phone) connection by default or something.Kind of like plug n play.