1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Connecting my Pixel 4a to Ford Sync

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by TBrown9541, Feb 7, 2021.

1. TBrown9541

TBrown9541 Lurker

I just purchased a Google Pixel 4a and am trying to connect to my 2015 Ford Edge. I'm prompted by the Ford Sync to open sync on my phone, but I don't find it anywhere. The Youtube videos I've lookd at indicate it is in the Bluetooth section of settings but I don't see it.
    Any help would be appreciated.

2. Best Answer:
    Post #3 by lunatic59, Feb 7, 2021 (10 points)

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

3. mikedt

mikedt 你好

Ford Sync?

Wasn't that some Microsoft thing running on Windows CE, intended to work with Windows Phone devices? If it works with Android or not, no idea. Maybe contact your Ford dealer for help?

Dannydet likes this.
  4. lunatic59

lunatic59 Moderati ergo sum

I think the video you watched was talking about Bluetooth. You have to pair your phone to your car and then it should show up in the Bluetooth section of your phone as "Ford Sync". There's not a special app, as far as I know.

Usually the procedure is to put your car into pairing mode. On every car I've ever paired a phone with there's an "add phone" or "Pair device" option in settings. If you have a touchscreen in the car it's usually a little easier to find, otherwise you'd have to do it with voice commands. Once the car is in pairing mode, open Bluetooth in settings on your phone and it should scan for devices to pair with. Ford sync should be listed. Once you tap on that, you might be asked for a security code. It should either have been already set when you entered pairing mode or it will be displayed on the phone.

This might help.

https://owner.ford.com/support/how-...ow-to-connect-or-pair-my-phone-with-sync.html

NightAngel79, Dannydet and codesplice like this.
  5. Dannydet

Dannydet Extreme Android User

Could be the vehicle is running outdated firmware

6. TBrown9541

TBrown9541 Lurker

Thank you, that did the trick - my phone wouldn't recognize the Sync system until I put the car in pairing mode. Thanks so much!

Google Pixel 4 & 4 XL Forum

The Google Pixel 4 & 4 XL release date was October 2019. Features and Specs include a 5.7" inch or 6.3" inch screen, 16MP camera, 6GB RAM, Snapdragon 855 processor, and 2800mAh or 3700mAh battery.

October 2019
Release Date
Reviews