• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help connecting note iii to computer

You should be able to simply plug in the note III to your PC and use it as a storage device, but that would depend on your OS. Windows XP and later shouldn't need special drivers.

If you are trying to connect in debugging mode, then you will need the drivers, but you could download them from a different source (like your note) and then copy them to the PC.

Upvote 0
With a Mac, deinstall Kies on the Note 3, install Android File Transfer on the Mac. It's a kludge but it works. You will find Android File Transfer boots itself whenever you plug the phone into a USB port. You can't manipulate anything on the phone just move files to and from the phone or delete files or directories and create directories on the phone. Be careful of "illegal" file names.

You also probably can't do a proper full back up either.

It's Apple's fault by the way that you can't mount the Samsung phone as a "drive" in the normal manner. I wonder why?

Upvote 0
I don't think any Note 3's came with CD's. Use the USB 3.0 cable that came with your phone and plug it into your computer. When it's detected, pull down the notification bar and check "Use USB 3.0". Otherwise it will use USB 2.0.

Thanks for this! I contacted my computer manufacturer to find out which was my 3.0 port (I now know it's the one with the blue plastic on the inside of the USB port, good to know!). But I kept getting the "Use the 3.0 port, dummy" message when I connected my phone.

Learn all kinds of unexpected things from the forum! :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones