1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Connecting phone to THRiVE to access SD card

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by flairmedk, Aug 30, 2011.

1. flairmedk

flairmedk Member
    None

Nov 8, 2009
    Flightmedic
    Orlando Area
    I've attempted to connect my HTC EVO 3D to the Thrive via the USB cable / slot. However, the thrive does not see the connection. I've read else where that this is a Honeycomb issue, as in the same issue as a PC not seeing the SD in the Thrive. Has anyone heard of a work around. I suppose as a last resort I could place the files on the internal storage via a PC then move them to the SD. Just would like a few less steps. Then once I get a majority of the files on the SD I can just use BT.

Advertisement

2. Darkseas

Darkseas Well-Known Member
    None

Jan 10, 2011
    Do the two devices share a common network?

If so, one of several file managers would possibly allow you to transfer files over the network. I haven't tried this with a phone and a tablet, but it works fine between either of them and a computer.

One file manager that will do this is ES File Explorer.

3. flairmedk

flairmedk Member
    None

Nov 8, 2009
    Flightmedic
    Orlando Area
    Yes you are correct. I did decide to try that with astro Bluetooth file manager. Since I normally use Astro on my phone. I was able to transfer the folder and one file then it began to give me errors. I will see what i can figure out tomorrow. Tonight I'll just transfer via a computer. Still I would like to do this wirelessly if anyone knows a better way.

4. flairmedk

flairmedk Member
    None

Nov 8, 2009
    Flightmedic
    Orlando Area
    OK problem solved. Needed to format SD to exFAT. Now Astro BT has no problem transferring and I am able to transfer from internal men to SD. Thanks for the help.