• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Connecting S5 to PC issue.

TheScragg

Lurker
Jul 25, 2014
When I connect my brand new (yay!) S5 to my PC via the USB cable provided, an unusual thing happens. My keyboard, mouse, and audio all stop working. I am assuming that the drivers for all these devices stop, but I'm not 100% sure. If I restart my computer manually with the phone still connected, my mouse and keyboard still do not work, however, if I restart without my phone being connected, everything works fine.

This happened the very first time I connected my phone to my PC, but not the second. The second time it worked fine for about an hour while Kies 3 transferred my data from my old S3 to this phone -- then randomly my keyboard, mouse and audio suddenly stop working. Ever since then I've had this issue.

Following the guidance of Samsung support, I enabled USB Debugging Mode, tried a fresh install of Kies 3, updated my SAMSUNG USB driver for Mobile Phones, as well as drivers for my mouse and keyboard all to no avail.

I am at a loss on how to proceed at this moment. Tomorrow I will try connecting my phone to a different PC.

Running Windows 7 SP1 64-bit

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones