1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Support Connecting S5 to PC issue.

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by TheScragg, Jul 25, 2014.

1. TheScragg

TheScragg New Member

Jul 25, 2014
    When I connect my brand new (yay!) S5 to my PC via the USB cable provided, an unusual thing happens. My keyboard, mouse, and audio all stop working. I am assuming that the drivers for all these devices stop, but I'm not 100% sure. If I restart my computer manually with the phone still connected, my mouse and keyboard still do not work, however, if I restart without my phone being connected, everything works fine.

This happened the very first time I connected my phone to my PC, but not the second. The second time it worked fine for about an hour while Kies 3 transferred my data from my old S3 to this phone -- then randomly my keyboard, mouse and audio suddenly stop working. Ever since then I've had this issue.

Following the guidance of Samsung support, I enabled USB Debugging Mode, tried a fresh install of Kies 3, updated my SAMSUNG USB driver for Mobile Phones, as well as drivers for my mouse and keyboard all to no avail.

I am at a loss on how to proceed at this moment. Tomorrow I will try connecting my phone to a different PC.

Running Windows 7 SP1 64-bit

Advertisement