1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Support connecting samsung captivate to computer

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by bellarmine, Nov 11, 2010.

1. bellarmine

bellarmine New Member

Nov 11, 2010
    i just got my second captivate, the first would never connect to my computer the second one (the one i have right now) connects to my laptop but my computer wont recognize the device, bottom line is that i cant connect it to my computer. I have tried so many things like: "mount and unmount" the SD card and the internal memory, also i have tried the USB debugging, i hava also tried the kies option on the phone, and nothing.. i have all the Samsung USB Drivers (version V.1.3.450.0) i have downloaded the kies program and the kies mini and they haven't work... what am i missing??? can anyone help me? (my laptop is a Toshiba Satellite A135-4527 with windows vista)

Advertisement

2. rubiconjp

rubiconjp Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2010
    I used the Settings->Applications->USB Settings->Media player option to access all the dirs and files on the phone.

vt6spd likes this.
  3. vt6spd

vt6spd Well-Known Member

Oct 4, 2010
    Can't say or I would have to kill you.
    Earth
    Wow! Changing it to Media Player totally made it work!!! Sweet! I was having the same problem. I could not connect to my computer at all. This saved me lots of head aches and blue toothing info back and forth.

4. mterrence5

mterrence5 Member

Jul 7, 2010
    i also have this problem. The computer says USB driver could not be found but I have downloaded Kies Mini and the drivers. Windows 7 laptop and Vist PC both do not work. Followed the steps from the samsung website to install the drivers.

Do you have the JH7 Update? I am wondering if that is the issue on my phone.