1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Connecting Samsung Epic to Samsung BD-C6500 DVD Blu-ray player USB

Discussion in 'Music & Media' started by cyberpine, Mar 16, 2011.

1. cyberpine

cyberpine Well-Known Member
    None

Jun 14, 2010
    My DVD player has a USB port and i've been able to play media off of usb devices. I forget the format it must have, maybe it's an fat32 vs ext vs ntfs issue, but has anybody connected their Android phone to Samsung DVD player and played media through it?

I know at one point I was able to play media from my windows 7 deskop via DLNA on the DVD player, so was hopeful a Samsung Phone could talk to a Samsung DVD.

Thanks.

Advertisement

2. sitlet

None

Apr 11, 2010
    Should work just fine, the sd card is already formatted in fat32. Just plug it in, and select Disk Drive mode on the phone. The dvd player should see the device as a normal flash drive.

3. cyberpine

cyberpine Well-Known Member
    None

Jun 14, 2010
    I tried this morning with both my epic and my son's transform. Both phones were set to settings> applications > Development> USB debugging and Stay Awake. The DVD player did not recognize them. Sorry, How exacty do you set these phones in USBdrive mode?

I noticed my my truck's USB interface (2010 Dodge Ram) can't read music files off my Epic either.

It never prompts me for anything when connected to these clients.

I think I had to install drivers on my pc to be able to read files off my Samsung Epic from Windows 7, but I can do it from there.

ummm... Do I need an SD card in the phone? I don't have one.
    Maybe USB debugging should be off.

I just noticed I my pc at work does prompt me to use it as mass storage device (when usb debugging is disabled) and I see the USB icon on the phone, but can't see anything mounted. I know I've been able to navigate phone's data from my home PC.

4. sitlet

None

Apr 11, 2010
    You dont need usb debugging on, that could be the problem. To put it in disk drive mode, when you plug in the phone, pull down the notification bar, and it should give you a usb option, select Mount or Disk Drive.